I don’t know that I’ve ever participated in a blog meme, but here goes. Occasional web correspondent Ross White tagged me with the five songs meme. I listen to music mostly as background music and don’t consider myself much of an aficionado, so this list probably sucks. First, let’s go by my iTunes play count, which covers basically the last two years (I’m not sure whether my iPod adds its play counts back to iTunes when I dock it, though I suspect it does, given the first item on the list, which is a kid’s song we mostly listen to in the car).
- I Know a Chicken (Laurie Berkner)
- Gold Digger (Kanye West)
- The Reason (Hoobastank — a great tune to belt out when you’re falling asleep at the wheel)
- Elvira (Oak Ridge Boys — another nostalgic one I got for my daughter)
- I Am the True Vine (Paul Hillier, an Arvo Part arrangement)
Now for a truer list of my recent frequently-played tunes:
- Hate Me (Blue October)
- Cancer (My Chemical Romance — this is a coincidence, by the way)
- I Write Sins Not Tragedies (Panic! At the Disco)
- Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
- Da Pacem Domine (Arvo Part — I tend t listen to all of his music at once, so this is a representative tune; more on Part here)
So there you have it. Two lists for the price of one, both no doubt showcasing my embarrassingly bad, poppy taste in music.